Choosing Your New House Siding Face Lift
Renovating your home can be a rewarding experience. One of the major renovations you can make that completely transforms your house is by fitting house siding.
House siding can be made of a number of different materials, all of which can look most attractive, but many of which have different advantages and disadvantages. You can choose from the following materials:
- Wood house siding. this is the traditional material for house siding, and many people think that nothing looks as good as wood house siding. However it takes a lot of maintenance to keep it looking good, and it does not last for a long time.
- Vinyl house siding. Vinyl is considered the modern material to use for house siding. It is self-colored, easy to fit, and relatively maintenance free.
- Aluminum and steel siding. Again, these materials are relatively maintenance free, and can be self-colored. They last for a long time with little care and attention.
- Plywood and hardboard siding. Good quality plywood and hardboard house siding can give a good facelift to your home, at a low cost.
- Brick and masonry siding. This is not always considered a house siding, but as a facing brick and masonry is long lasting and maintenance free.
You need to consider cost, maintenance, installation and looks in order to make your choice. House siding is a great way of changing the appearance of your home, but it is a long term solution so you must be happy with your choice.